Chapter 14


As he walked in, he found Chiron, Mr. D, and Rachel all gathered around the table. They immediately looked up at him in surprise. Chiron stood up straight and took a few steps toward him.
                “Hunter. How can we help you?” He said in his typically calm voice. Hunter looked at him plainly. He had no idea how to answer that question. He stared at him and then around the room a few times before sighing.
                “You don’t need me here?” He said with mild disbelief. Why would Hestia say that he needed to go to the Big house if they didn’t need him. Chiron looked at him and thought for a second.
                “Not that I’m aware of.” He said before glancing back at Mr. D and Rachel who both shrugged. “Did you need something?” He said raising an eyebrow. Hunter shrugged.
                “I guess not.” He said with a shrug. He stood there for a second and rocked on his heels. “I guess, I’ll be going, then.” He said as he turned toward the door.
                “Oh, wait.” Chiron said quickly. “There is something you could do for us.” Hunter turned around and looked at Chiron with hopeful eyes. Was he excited to go on another quest? “Could you track down Mr. Julius for us? We need to talk to him.” He said with a small smile. Hunter raised an eyebrow.
                “Uh…yeah. Sure.” He said with a sigh. He excused himself and walked out of the Big house. “Why would they need Kyle? Kyle is…Kyle is Kyle. He doesn’t get prophecies. I get prophecies.” He said as he walked toward the Demeter cabin. “I guess, I’ll just start here.” He said as he climbed the couple of steps leading to the cabin and opened the door. As he walked in, his jaw dropped. “Umm…Will?” He said with a tone of mild surprise. Will sat up in a flash and wiped his face. A blond girl with a surprised face sat up next to him. A grin spread across Hunter’s face as he looked between the two of them. “Will.” He said with a chuckle.
                “Hi, Hunter.” He said quietly. “You’ve met Penny.” He said, studying the ground. Penny gave Hunter an awkward wave. Hunter couldn’t stop smiling.
                “Hi, Penny. I was just wondering if you knew where Kyle was. I see that you’re…” He said as he looked at Will who was still bright red. “preoccupied.” He finished with a smile. “I’ll leave you to it, then. Thanks, Penny. Will. We’ll talk.” He said before giving them a wave and leaving the cabin. He closed the door behind himself and climbed down the steps. He chuckled to himself before walking to the arena. He glanced around to see Phoebe and Addie sparring. He approached them. “Hey, have either of you seen Kyle? Probably attached to Marina by the hand?” He said with a raised eyebrow. They stopped sparring and looked at him.
                “He was in the mess hall earlier.” Addie said as she twirled her sword once or twice. “They left in a hurry though.”
                “They probably don’t want to be bothered, Hunter.” Phoebe said with a smirk. She changed her knife to a sword and then a spear and then back to a knife. “If I had to guess they’re either in the forges or Arts and Crafts. I’d put money on arts and crafts, though.” She said with a nod.
                “Thanks. I’ll head to the forges.” He said with a chuckle as he turned to head out of the arena.  Phoebe walked up and punched him in the arm.
                “Two drachmas says they’re in A and C.” She said as she stuck out a hand. Hunter raised an eyebrow and shook it.
                “Deal. Now, if you’ll excuse me…” He said with a nod before turning and exiting the arena. As he left he turned and headed to the forges. It was empty. He headdesked before looking up at the sky. “I need to stop losing money.” He said quietly as he turned and walked toward Arts & Crafts. “I still could be right. They might not be here. I mean I haven’t chec- dang it.” He said as he entered and spotted Kyle and Marina molding something into what appears to be a vase. He walked up to them. “Hi, guys.” He said calmly. They looked up and smiled brightly.
                “Hi, Hunter.” They said in unison. “We’re making vases.” They also said in unison. They looked at each other and laughed.
                “That was creepy.” Hunter said, looking at the two of them oddly. “Anyway, why I’m here.” He said clearing his throat. “They need to see you in the Big house.”
                “Me?” Marina said with a surprised look on her face. “Why me? What did I do?” She asked frantically.
                “Marina, calm down. I was talking to Kyle.”
                “Me? Are you sure they meant me Kyle?” He asked as he wiped his hands on a nearby towel.
                “You’re the only ‘Julius’ in the camp, so…yeah.” Hunter said with a shrug. “Come on. Best not to keep them waiting.” Kyle nodded and stood up.
                “I really don’t want to go on a quest.” He said with a chuckle.